June 10, 2022
Its name conjures something slightly magical, ethereal, perhaps even celestial. Zeolite, as the “ite” may suggest, is part of the mineral kingdom; more specifically, a zeolite is any of a large group of minerals consisting of hydrated aluminosilicates (a form) of sodium, potassium, calcium and barium. These are mighty in their transformative abilities as they can be readily dehydrated and rehydrated, and are thus relied upon as adsorbents and catalysts. Zeolites are distinctive in that they possess a natural negative charge.
Fun fact: According to one source, zeolites were discovered and named in 1756 by Swedish minerologist Axel Fredrik Cronstedt.
Cosmetic applications with zeolites are broad and highly attractive for consumers.
1. Bio-fiber Mask
2. Handmade soap
3. Body wash & Body scrub
Dietary Supplement Applications:
In vivo as a dietary supplement, zeolites may support health in several key ways.
1. Deliver oxygen to cells, stimulate osteogenic cell differentiation, and can inhibit bone resorption.
2. Improve cell performance in vascular and skin tissue engineering and wound healing.
3. Help support brain health.
4. Activate cellular and humoral immunity.
5. Improve intestinal function.
6. Support bone regeneration.
7. Help to detoxify, support the microbiota, and act as an antioxidant.
Zeolite is a hard-working, multi-faceted unsung hero of the mineral world. Consider it for your formulas and cosmetics, and feel free to contact us to learn more about our zeolite by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Rhodes CJ. Properties and applications of zeolites. Sci Prog. 2010;93(Pt 3):223-84. doi: 10.3184/003685010X 12800828155007. PMID: 21047018.
3. Taamneh, Y. , and S. Sharadqah . "The removal of heavy metals from aqueous solution using natural Jordanian zeolite." Applied Water Science 7.4(2017):1-8.Bacakova L , Vandrovcova M , Kopova I , Jirka I . Applications of zeolites in biotechnology and medicine - a review. Biomater Sci. 2018 May 1;6(5):974-989. doi: 10.1039/c8bm00028j. PMID: 29630078.
4. Kraljević Pavelić, Sandra et al. “Critical Review on Zeolite Clinoptilolite Safety and Medical Applications in vivo.” Frontiers in pharmacology vol. 9 1350. 27 Nov. 2018, doi:10.3389/fphar.2018.01350
5. Mastinu, Andrea et al. “Zeolite Clinoptilolite: Therapeutic Virtues of an Ancient Mineral.” Molecules (Basel, Switzerland) vol. 24,8 1517. 17 Apr. 2019, doi:10.3390/molecules24081517
Cactus Botanics CA Inc.
Add:18560 San Jose Ave,
City of Industry, CA 91748
FDA Registration No.:11934478090
Ph: 1 844 478 6744(Toll Free in USA)
Fax: 1 949 271 5639
Cactus Botanics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
Add:Room 06, Floor 11, No. 560
Zhang yang Road,Pu Dong New
District, Shanghai City,P.R.C. 200122
Ph: 86 21 5169 6902
Fax: 86 21 5106 2932
Cactus Botanics Limited
Industrial 1st Road, Dashi Street
Panyu District, Guangzhou City
Cactus Botanics GE GmbH
Add:Schönauer Weg 16-18,
21465 Reinbek, Deutschland
Ph: 49 21 12 4845424
Fax: 49 21 19 5987535
For more information, please visit us at: